Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No, YOU're a Muppet

Dear Marilyn,

We watched a new movie the other day - The Muppet Movie.
What a great laugh! Some good ol' clean humour, some singing and dance numbers and the vintage dresses...
Oh Amy Adams... How we love you, the way you pull off a vintage style and how we'll need to have you for an end of week icon post!

The Muppets themselves have been around for so many years that I think we could classify this movie, even though only released this year, as retro if not vintage.
During the movie I just kept thinking to myself, "Who wouldn't want to be friends with Kermit?"

This kind of highlights two things for me...
1.
It IS possible for a genuine, nice guy to be the hero. The appeal of a leading man doesn't always have to be that he's mysterious or a little bit of a bad guy. It doesn't always have to be that the attraction is there to reform or save the guy, sometimes it can be about how he makes you want to re-evaluate yourself and the way you take the knocks that the world sends your way.

and 2.
Jim Henson was a BLOODY GENIUS! I mean to create a personality and a world that can make me forget that Kermit is a FROG with ping pong balls for eyes, and not a real human being...

As I continue to "grow up" I would like remember to have a little bit of Kermit-nice-ness in me.
Thank you Mr Henson.


Source: reddit.com via Keyna on Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment