Monday, June 4, 2012

To dream of the big day

Dear Audrey.

Every girl dreams of that big day.

I think that if you are female and try to say that you haven't thought of a wedding day between the ages of 12-what ever age you are now, I'm sorry to say this and possibly offend you, but, you're lying!

Lately I suppose I've been thinking about that big day a little more that usual. Sadly for me these thoughts remain in the dream phase and are not yet at the point of actions and planning, but to dream is to be a girl and more importantly to give you something to strive towards.

When it comes to my dreams of a white wedding, I suppose I may be semi unconventional.

Most girls will dream of that extravagant white wedding dress, with the bling, the beads, the frills, the puffs, the poofs, the trains, the sucking in, stifling bodices, the the the...gasp! Air, need air, breath...

It's all very beautiful, but it's all just that little bit too much, for me at least. Although I wish and dream to be something different, outstanding, and such, in my heart of hearts I know I'm just a plain and simple kind of gal.

For me the perfect wedding would suit my personality. For me my dream wedding is simple, with flair and fun in the food and decor, rather than the dress, hair and make up.

Therefore, I have recently become rather obsessed the the retro style tea-length wedding dresses.

Simple A-line shapes, with just the hint of fancy in the form of lace, or a few frill.

The tea-length obsession compliments my love for dancing. At the few weddings I've been to, the one thing I always notice is how the brides looks so beautiful and graceful in church, but later at the reception, when they would like to dance, they are uncomfortable and are constantly relying on their bridesmaids to readjust their dress and/or pin it back up. At my future wedding, I'd like to have a dress that allows me the freedom to just dance, no hassles, no worries, just dance (and if you look and a tea-length dress, you may also notice their shape just begs for you to do some spinning in it).

Another positive for a tea-length wedding dress is, it is super complimentary for a woman's shape. The A-line shape accentuates your curves, and the length leaves you the option of having that fun pop of colour to your wedding ensemble with a fun colour shoe, or wearing those killer heals at your wedding and having people actually see it.

If you ask me, the retro, tea-length dress is an option for a simple fun loving girl that should not be counted out.







Sincerely

May Marjoram

0 comments:

Post a Comment