Monday, August 6, 2012

Feeling blue

Dear Frida


Blue... it's just a colour right?

Well for some that may be the case, but this colour is often used to describe a feeling, and today this is the feeling I feel. 

I feel blue.

In a way, the feeling is rather apt, because it is Monday after all (Blue Monday). However, I must tell you it is not the day that is making me blue, but general forces in life pushing me into the depths of this deep sad colour.

Of course, the fact that it is a Monday does not help for the mood. Find me one person who likes a Monday and I'll somehow find a way to give them a prize.

I'll admit that if I were to go about describing myself by colours, most days I'm probably more of a yellow, happy sunny yellow, or I'm a purple, royal, think too much, think I'm all wisdom and creativity purple.

But today, I'm blue, and not the blue you google, which says things like calm and distance, bla bla bla, but the blue most of us know, sad, grumpy, depressed, reclusive blue.

I would hope you would understand where I am coming from, knowing colours so very well. Also as a fellow female, feeling a little down is not an uncommon feeling.

How is it that we generally pull ourselves out of this blue? I don't know about you, but it feels like thinking through it is not how it will be fixed. Sometimes when you feel this way, the more you try and think about it to try and figure out what is wrong and how to fix it, the further you sink.

Sometimes it is actually better to act first and think later I think. 

Today I will drink another cup of coffee and force myself to leave the house! If I'm not sitting still, I cannot over think anything, and in such a way, I shall leave my blue behind, add a little red, and get back to purple at least! Ha! Take that blue!

Sincerely

May Marjoram


0 comments:

Post a Comment