Monday, August 13, 2012

The Gautrain!

Dear Amelia

I wrote a rap! That's gangsta rhyming in case you didn't know. Have a look.

"Well London thinks they phat! Well I ain't down with that! With their tubes and their trains and their walkin in the rain, well they clearly aint met the Gautrain! Yo!"


Yes... Unfortunately I do sometimes think I'm gangsta. This is very sad, but true. A little detour from our theme of vintage and retro, I apologize, I promise I will not do that too often :D Haha!

But YES! this little beauty is the Gautrain.



It's a lovely form of public transport which after many a year was finally finished and put into working order for the 2010 soccer world cup here in South Africa, and I can tell you that it is still 2 years later, working nicely and a very pleasant experience.

If you have ever been lucky/unlucky enough (depending on you personal opinion) to travel to Johannesburg you would have probably noticed that the traffic there can be quite an ordeal. Driving from O.R. Thambo airport to Sandton city could take you an hour. NOW however, if you take the Gautrain, you can take a quarter of the time and travel there in 15 minutes! Really really! I do not exaggerate or kid!

What's more, is they are strict! You may NOT eat or drink on the Gautrain. Now no offence to the London public transport which I was lucky to experience, it was still fantastic! But the Gautrain, wow! It was wonderful! So so clean! It sounds like such a simple thing, but it really makes all the difference. I was extremely impressed.




0 comments:

Post a Comment