Monday, August 20, 2012

A knife stand with some voodoo satisfaction

Dear Julia, Frida and Marie


I was taking a walk down the factory shop street the one day, and noticed that there was a new kitchen shop!

I was actually there to look at shoes, but when it comes to home-ware, kitchen appliances and nifty ideas, I have a definite problem and got completely side tracked as I am sure you ladies can understand.

It is a pretty nice place. It has a couple of bits and bobs you won't find in all your kitchen shops, electronic pizza ovens, giant mugs, a lovely marble rolling pin, etc, and then there was THIS GUY!!!! A knife stand in the shape of a person. A lovely voodoo knife stand!


Sort of made me think of some very poor soul who was on the veeeery wrong side of a knife fight!

Mostly though I imagine how satisfying it would be to have a knife stand like this on your bad days.

Envisage that the metallic person is who ever is making you feel less than happy and enjoy returning the knife into the body.

Yes... a little dark, I know, but you must admit that it is better to have little "voodoo" violent thoughts than to actually inflict pain.

Sadly with the satisfaction it could bring, the quality of the stand is rather disappointing. Very plasticy, so most definitely not worth the price it was being sold for.

Perhaps though, one day when I am rich, I can indulge myself and spend money on silly things to make me laugh, but in my current position I am unable to justify buying something like that :(

Sincerely

May Marjoram

0 comments:

Post a Comment