Monday, September 17, 2012

Baking for Caking


Dear Julia and Frida

On the 20th of May it was Farah Fennel's birthday. It was a most interesting day, because she decided that what she wanted to do for her birthday was bake. This turned out to be most fitting, because our mother just happened to find out that the 20th of May 2012 was actually world baking day! Who knew!

After further web searching about this elusive world baking day, we stumbled across quite a fun element to the day, which was called caking!

Basically what you were meant to be doing on the 20th of May this year was to bake something, and then place it in a strange or different location, take a picture of it, and then post it on social networks as "#caking".

This turned out to me quite a lot of fun.

Farah made some DELICIOUS chocolate beetroot cupcakes and then I had a lot of fun walking around putting them in random places and taking photos.

I'm not sure if the world baking day was a once off thing or not, but if not, and if it does happen again next year, I HIGHLY recommend participating. It really is fun to use those creative juices trying to find somewhere interesting to take a picture of your baked goodie(s).


It really was a lot of fun trying to see where it would look strange and interesting to put the cup cakes that Farah had made, and how lucky I was that the new house she and her Boyfriend had bought is so full of possibilities for some very fun photos.

Their house is very nice, with a bit of old meets new going on, it's a super cozy house, and it has a lovely big garden full of funny statues which the previous owner left behind... now THEY came in handy :D hehehehe.

So here are the #caking pictures taken that day... I hope you'll appreciate the fact that I'm even in one of them :D.

Looks like I have a little cup cake hat on my head... (personally I think it actually suits me:)

Sincerely

May Marjoram


May Marjoram - Cake on head

#Cake on Decorative Jar

#David likes cake

#Stig and storm trooper caking


#Cakes like to swing

#Cake on a tap


0 comments:

Post a Comment